- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jorj-morgan-s-vegetable-lasagna
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 container (32 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 1 pound Fontina cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 recipe tomato sauteed vegetable sauce (click this link for recipe)
- Serves a Crowd (15-20 or more depending on what else you are serving) Preparation time about 1 hour plus baking
- 1. Prepare the Tomato and Sauteed Vegetable Sauce.
- 2. Prepare all your ingredients in advance for easy assembly. Mix together the ricotta cheese, Drained spinach, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- 3. SautÃ© the mushrooms in the butter until cooked. Sprinkle with rosemary and set aside.
- 4. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain well and place them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- 5. Place 1/2 cup of the Tomato and Vegetable Sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan or deep baking pan.
- 6. Place a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pan.
- 7. Top the noodles with Tomato and Vegetable Sauce, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/4 of the Fontina cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 8. Repeat with a layer of noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese and Fontina cheese. Add the sautÃ©ed mushrooms and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 9. Layer again with noodles, sauce, the remaining ricotta cheese and Fontina cheese.
- 10. The final layer is noodles, tomato sauce, the remaining Fontina and Parmesan cheese (see photo above).
- HELPFUL HINT: The lasagna can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated at this point. When you are ready to continue, preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Cook the lasagna for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Uncover and continue cooking until it begins to bubble and the cheese is melted on the top, about 20 minutes more.
- Let the lasagna stand at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a bowl of grated Parmesan cheese and extra Tomato and Vegetable Sauce on the side.
Pasta, Vegetable Dishes, Vegetarian, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Italian, Freezer Friendly, Mediterranean