- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 17, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/john-sedlar-s-sweet-corn-tamale-dough
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Heat the corn oil in a saucepan. Add the corn and bell peppers and sauté over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer three-quarters of the mixture to a blender and blend for 1 minute -- do not over mix. Add the remaining mixture and other ingredients and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Use this dough to make Chef John Sedlar's "Self" Tamale with Vegetable and Carrot Sauce.