- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 3, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/james-peterson-s-macaroni-with-baked-tomato-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dried macaroni or short tubular pasta such as ziti, rigatoni, or penne
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh macaroni or pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
- Makes 4 Pasta Course Serving or 6 Main Course Servings
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut thee tomatoes in half, crosswise, squeeze out and discard the seeds, and chop the tomatoes coarsely into chunks.
- 2. With 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, brush a baking dish or roasting pan that is just large enough to hold the chunks of tomato in a single layer.
- 3. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the liquid released by the tomatoes has almost completely evaporated and only a couple of tablespoons of syrupy liquid remain.
- 4. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid bowl. Cook and drain the pasta.
- 5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a wide skillet and stir in the garlic. Stir the garlic for about 2 minutes, until it releases its aroma, and stir in the parsley and cooked tomatoes.