- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/italian-grilled-cheese-sandwiches
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Perfect appetizer or lunch sandwiches to share with friends and loved ones.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional for taste)
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) jar vodka marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Arrange 6 slices of bread onto a baking sheet. Spread a small handful of the mozzarella cheese over each slice. Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread. Mix together the butter and garlic powder, brush some over the tops of the sandwiches, or spread with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove pan from oven, flip sandwiches, and brush the other sides with butter, and sprinkle with oregano. Return to the broiler, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately with vodka sauce on the side for dipping.