- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/irresistible-peanut-butter-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. DO NOT OVERBake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.