- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 5 cups blueberries, washed and dried
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- PurÃ©e remaining berries, water and wine in a food processor or blender container. Strain purÃ©e through a fine mesh Strainer, into a large bowl. Stir sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and buttermilk into blueberry purÃ©e.
- Refrigerate 4 to 5 hours for soup to blend flavors. Serve chilled, garnished with reserved fresh blueberries.
- Diabetic Exchanges 1 Starch 2 Fruit 1/2 Milk 1 Fat
Fruit, Other, Fruit, Fruit Soups, Cold Soups, Vegetarian, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Diabetic, Gluten Free