- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This icebox cookies recipe is a great way to get the kids involved. This easy to follow recipe will not have your back hurting from having to stand on your feet for hours scooping dough and alternating cookie sheets.
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream or tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
- Prehaeat oven to 350 degrees
- With an electric mixer or by hand, cream butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a seperate large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture in 3 additions.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide the dough into quarters, and then roll into 4 logs.
- Place dough in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Remove dough and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on a floured, not greased, baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.