- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Hot Crab-Salsa Dip. Be sure to use a very thick salsa for this winning dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chunky tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh crab meat, picked over to remove cartilage and flaked
- hot red pepper sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs, preferably from day-old French or Italian bread
- What to Dip:
- potato chips
- tortilla chips
- flatbread strips
- broccoli florettes
- celery sticks
- cherry tomatoes
- Makes About 4 Cups
- 1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly butter a 1-quart round baking dish.
- 2. With a rubber spatula, mash the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salsa and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in the crabmeat. Season with hot pepper sauce. Spread in a baking dish. (The dip can be prepared up to 8 hours head, covered tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerated.)
- 3. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the dip. Bake until the dip is bubbling -- about 30 minutes or slightly longer if refrigerated. Serve hot.