- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-cupcakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes to enjoy cuddled up with your loved one.
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with muffin papers. Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan; stirring over medium-low heat until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and liqueur in large bowl until thick ribbon falls when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes. Sift flour over; using rubber spatula, gently fold in flour. Fold in chocolate mixture. Divide batter among muffin papers. Cover and chill until cold and firm, at least 25 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake cupcakes in papers on baking sheet until tops are bulging and cracked. Tester inserted into center should come out with moist batter attached, about 7 minutes. Serve cupcakes with whipped cream.