- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/hot-cha-cha-lamb-chops
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Hot Cha Cha Chops - Roasted Lamb Chops with Scotch Bonnets. After a few bites of this dish, your mouth won't know whether it's supposed to mambo or meringue.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 fresh Scotch bonnet chiles (habaneros), stemmed, seeded and minced
- 12 (4 to 5 ounce) lamb chops, each 1 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Insanity spice or dried habanero chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Prep Time 1 Hour
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large container and pour the marinade over them. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes or so.
- Mix together all the rub ingredients in a small bowl and pour onto a large plate. One at a time, remove the chops from the marinade and dip into the rub mixture, coating each side.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and brown each side of the chops, 4 at a time, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, adding 2 tablespoons of the oil before each batch.
- Transfer the chops to a baking pan and roast all of them in the oven until medium-rare, about 10 to 12 minutes.