- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Honey Pumpkin Mousse. This not-so-traditional honey dessert is also light and diabetic friendly.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- In the top of a double boiler, combine egg whites and honey. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160°F. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Using electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until cool and glossy peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, pumpkin, flour, spices and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat. Gently stir 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into pumpkin mixture; gradually fold remaining egg whites into lightened mixture. Spoon mousse into dessert glasses; cover and chill.
- Per Serving: 217 Calories; 4g Fat; 42g Carb; 6g Protein; 2g Fiber; 160mg Cholesterol; 149mg Sodium.
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Protein; 1/2 Fat.