- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 28, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-yellow-squash-casserole
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Coat a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Cook squash in a small amount of water in a microwave safe dish, covered, for about 8 minutes or until soft. Drain well and place in a blender or food processor. Blend until squash is coarsely pureed.
- 3. Fold in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper (if using). Transfer to the casserole dish.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, butter, and paprika. Sprinkle over the squash mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until well heated and the topping is browned.
- Nutrition Facts per 2/3 Cup Serving
- Exchanges: 1 Very Lean Meat.
- Calories: 68; Calories from Fat 0; Total Fat 0g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 286mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 3g; Protein 10g.