- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-wild-rice-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups canned fat-free (or homemade) chicken stock
- 1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the onion and carrots over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the broth and let the mixture come to a boil, stirring constantly. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Add the cooked rice and cooked chicken and simmer 5 minutes. Add the sherry. If the soup gets too thick, add more chicken broth or water. Boil 1 minute and serve.