- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-quick-lemon-blueberry-bread
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries *
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a non-stick 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and lemon extract. Stir in the baking mix and lemon rind just until blended. Carefully stir in the blueberries. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in 1-inch intervals on the top of the bread with a toothpick. In a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave oven, combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until the sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over the top of the bread. Cool and slice.
- To Prepare and Eat Now: Eat when ready.
- To Freeze: Cool to room temperature, wrap, label, and freeze.
- To Prepare After Freezing: Remove from freezer to defrost.
- Diabetic Exchanges: Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch; 0.5 fat.
- * Note: If you're using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before using, or they will be too mushy.