- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-praline-meringue-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 250Â°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine both sugars together. In mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. beat in sugar mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, alternating with drops of lemon juice and vanilla. beat until stiff and glossy. Fold in pecans. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes. Meringue will spread during baking.
Vegetarian, RV, Picnics, Gifts, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Mardi Gras, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, Diabetic, Gluten Free, Meringues