- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-greek-chicken-salad-bowl
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- feta cheese, optional
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook the chicken over medium-high heat until brown, turning frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, reduce the heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken from the pan and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomato, green onions, cucumber, and chicken. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining lemon juice, the remaining mint, the remaining garlic, salt and pepper, and the oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to mix well. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition information per serving:
- Calories 198; Protein (g) 29; Carbohydrate (g) 9; Fat (g) 4; Calories from Fat (%) 19; Saturated Fat (g) 1; Dietary Fiber (g) 3; Cholesterol (mg) 66; Sodium (mg) 141; Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetable.