- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 11, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-crawfish-and-sweet-potato-bisque
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 4 cups fat free chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed, or 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 pound crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large nonstick pot, heat oil and saute onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic until tender, about 7 – 10 minutes.
- 2. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Add molasses, curry, stock, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add half and half and crawfish, season to taste. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Nutritional Information per 1 Cup Serving:
- Calories 189; Calories from Fat 13%; Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 78mg; Sodium 300mg; Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 8g; Protein 14g;
- Diabetic Exchanges:
- 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat.