- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-chocolate-buttermilk-brownies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg white, well beaten
- Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting (click here for recipe)
- Combine water and oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine flour, sugar, and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Add hot water mixture and stir well.
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda; stir until soda dissolves. Add buttermilk mixture and egg to batter; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 15X10X1-inch jelly roll pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Frost brownies with Chocolate buttermilk Frosting while warm. Cool and cut into squares.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 other carb; 1 fat.
Brownies, Vegetarian, RV, Picnics, Gifts, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, Diabetic, Freezer Friendly