- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Holly Clegg's Chicken Etouffe. This Trim and terrific recipe brings you all the traditional flavors of Louisiana without all the traditional fat and calories.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can chicken stock or equivalent homemade
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- Place flour on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until flour is dark brown in color. This process works well in the toaster oven. Check and stir flour while baking.
- In a large pot coated with cooking spray, sauté onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper until tender. Add browned flour and mix well. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and seasonings. Add cubed chicken. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add parsley and green onions, cooking another 5 minutes. Cook rice according to directions on package. Serve etouffe over cooked rice.