- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-cheesy-spicy-spinach
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Holly Clegg's Cheesy Spicy Spinach. A special creamy spinach that gets requested extremely often as it's wonderful.
- 3 packages (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup spinach liquid, reserved from cooking spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 ounces hot pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spinach according to directions on package. Drain well reserving 1/2 cup spinach liquid; set aside. In pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add flour; stir. Gradually add milk and spinach liquid to make sauce. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, cooking until cheese is melted. Add spinach mixing well.