- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 28, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-blackened-chicken-tenders
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Holly Clegg's Blackened Chicken Tenders. Quick, spicy, and always a hit— a full-bodied sauce provides the perfect harmony to well-seasoned chicken tenders.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (click here for instructions for how to do this yourself), cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (5-ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, pepper, and salt. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- 2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat and sautê chicken until browned and done, about 5–7 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 3. To same skillet add green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- 4. Add milk, stirring for one minute or until heated and bubbly. Serve chicken with sauce and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories 299; Calories from fat 19%; Fat 6 g; Saturated Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 100 mg; Sodium 472 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Sugars 10 g; Protein 44 g.
- Diabetic Exchanges:
- 1 carbohydrate; 6 very lean meat.
- For even more tips, recipes, and articles from Holly Clegg visit www.HollyClegg.com.