- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Here's a delicious recipe for a heart healthy red smoothie.
- 1 1/3 cups hazelnut or almond milk (original, unsweetened is best)
- 2 to 4 large leaves of red Swiss chard
- 1 carrot
- 2/3 cup ice cubes
- 2 medium blood oranges, peeled and quartered (leave some of the white peel for the extra nutrients)
- 1 medium apple, quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- In a Vitamix (or powerful blender), put hazelnut or almond milk, green leaves, carrot, and ice cubes and turn on to high, slowly, until blended smooth; turn to low and add apple, orange, and berries then turn to high until smooth.