- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for cooking Hawaiian Style Chicken Wings. The pineapple gives these fabulous wings an exotic, sweet flavor.
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 can - 14 ounces, pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian style hot sauce
- First Prepare the Wings
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock). Don't get intimidated at this process, it's very easy. See links below for detailed instructions.
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan in 400Â°F oven.
- Stir together ketchup and garlic and brush over wings, then roll them in the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Place in pan, turning to lightly coat with butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pinapple, reserving the juice. Add water to the reserved juice to make 3/4 cup liquid. Stir in the brown sugar, ginger, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
After wings have cooked 20 minutes, turn them over, then pour on sauce the sauce. Bake for about about 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. Add the pinapple for last 5 minutes of cooking. Finished wings should be lightly browned.