- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/harvest-moon-potato-and-cauliflower-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- salt and white pepper to taste
- fresh water
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- In a heavy soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion until soft. Add the carrots, celery and spices and stir, cooking for 2 minutes. Add in the potatoes, cauliflower, salt, white pepper, and enough fresh water to cover the vegetables completely.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 1 hour. Check the water level from time to time, making sure that the vegetables are always covered. Add a little water if necessary.
- When the vegetables are tender, ladle the soup in a blender, reserving about a cup of the vegetables in the soup pot. Cover the blender and purée until it is smooth and creamy. Add the purée back into the pot with the vegetable pieces and stir in the coconut milk. Heat through on low heat for about 10-15 minutes -- do not boil.
- Serve in bowls with a basket of muffins and a plate of salad greens.