- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/halibut-with-prosciutto-and-white-beans
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 skinless halibut filets (6 ounces each)
- 8 paper thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 4 plum tomatoes, core removed, sliced in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/4 inch half-moons
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted and ground
- 20 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Wrap each filet with 2 slices prosciutto, leaving 1/2 inch of the fish exposed at each end.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large, heavy non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add the wrapped fish filets, without crowding, to the pan, and sear on one side until the prosciutto is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the filets and sear the second side; transfer to a baking sheet and roast until the fish flakes easily with a folk, about 4 minutes.
- 4. While the fish is roasting, return the sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add the beans, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and fennel seeds; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the basil and vinegar, remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. To serve, spoon the bean mixture onto a serving platter, top with the fish filets, and garnish with parsley and lemon.