- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This delicious Greek/American lamb and beef version of the traditional Greek Gyros will be a hit at any family gathering! Serve on warm pita bread with tzatziki sauce, thinly sliced onion, tomato and lettuce for extra flavors.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 slice bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash ground cumin
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, ground lamb, onion, garlic and bread crumbs. Season with savory, allspice, coriander, salt, pepper and cumin. Knead until mixture is stiff. Mold into 4 very thin patties (1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick).
- Cook patties for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.