- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gujerati-style-spinach-with-lemon-and-black-pepper
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 1/4 pound fresh spinach, well washed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep sided frying pan, add the garlic and cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute to hrefease their fragrance. Add the spinach, raise the heat and turn the spinach in the oil with the garlic and cumin. Add the lemon juice and zest and cook until the spinach has wilted. Stir in the sugar, yogurt, and black pepper. Add salt to taste. Serve hot.