- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/guatemala-banana-bread
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Guatemala Banana Bread. Here's a unique twist on banana bread from Guatemala featuring coconut milk, raisins, and cashews.
- 4 cups bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped (optional)
- 2. Stir in bananas, coconut milk, vanilla and butter.
- 3. Fold in raisins and cashews, if desired.
- 4. Pour into a greased 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- 5. Bake at 350° F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tested done.
- Per slice with raisins and cashews: 5.7g saturated fat, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt