- Recipe created by FabFood on Apr 21, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/grilled-shark-to-die-for
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- six shark steaks, 6 ounces each
- Combine soy sauce, orange juice, ketchup, chopped parsley, lemon juice, pepper, and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the fish, cover, and marinate int he refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the fish from its marinade. Grill the fish over high heat on a preheated grill, basting frequently with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade, for 6 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Anticucho-Style Grilled Shark -- Replace the marinade with a blend of 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 pickled jalapeños, 2 tablespoons each of pickled jalapeño juice, fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper. Proceed with the base recipe. Garnish the grilled steaks with lime wedges, avocado and pico de gallo.
- Alternate marinated Grilled Shark -- Replace the marinade with a mix of 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- Asian grilled Shark Steak -- Replace the marinade with a mix of 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Herbed Shark Steaks -- Omit the marinade. Rub Shark all over with 6pressed garlic cloves. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed, and salt and pepper to taste. marinate garlic-rubbed Shark for 2 hours and drain. Grill as in the base recipe.