- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe to cook Filet Mignon with Garlic, Vegetables and Red Wine Sauce This recipe is from Capistrano's Restaurant at the Mandalay Resort in Oxnard, CA.
- 4 filet mignons, 7 ounces each
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces finely chopped carrots
- 2 ounces finely chopped onions
- 1 ounces finely chopped celery
- 8 asparagus spears
- 8 baby carrots 12
- pearl onions
- 4 mushroom caps
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups demi glace*
- 1 cup chicken stock*
- *demi glace and chicken stock can be substituted with low sodium canned boullion
- 1. SautÃ© carrots, onions and celery until golden brown. 2. Add red wine and reduce by one half. 3. Add demi glace and chicken stock, reduce by one half.
- 4. When consistency coats the back of a spoon, strain and season with salt & pepper.
- 5. Add a tablespoon or two of unsalted butter if desired to add richness.
- 1. Blanch asparagus and baby carrots (separately) in salted boiling water until al dente. Shock in ice water (quickly submerging the vegetables in ice water reduces cooking time. Reserve for later.
- 2. Roast pearl onions in hot sautÃ© pan with olive oil and season with salt and pepper al dente.
- 3. Grill mushroom caps until tender.
- Garlic Confit:
- 1. In boiling salted water, blanch garlic for 2 minutes.
- 2. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.
- 3. Store garlic cloves in room temperature in extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Grill filet mignon until desired temperature.
- 2. SautÃ© all vegetables in small amount of unsalted whole butter. Season with salt and pepper
- 3. Serve with desired starch (mashed potatoes, rice, etc.).
4. Arrange vegetables around plate. Place filet mignon in center of plate.
- 5. Spoon sauce directly over filet mignon .
- 6. Garnish with fresh watercress