- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/grilled-asian-style-wings
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- Marinade 1/2 cup rice vinegar 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup honey 1/8 cupsesame oil
- 1/3 cup peanut or canola oil 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pepper 1-2 tablespoons Asian style hot sauce (optional), my favorite brand is Tuong Ot Sriracha, find it in an Asian grocery or well stocked supermarket.
- First Prepare the Wings
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock). Don't get intimidated at this process, it's very easy.
- Then Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place wings into several extra large plastic zipper bags. Pour marinade over wings. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill wings over a medium-hot grill for about 8-10 minutes per side or until completely cooked and dark brown.