- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/green-chili-tomatillo-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 pounds fresh tomatillos
- 1 can (26 ounces) mild green chiles
- 2 onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Makes About 6 Cups
- Put tomatillos, onion, garlic and green chiles (along with liquid from the can) in a saucepan. Add enough water just to cover. Bring water to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Strain, reserving the liquid.
- Transfer tomatillo mixture to a blender or food processor and puree, adding just enough liquid to give it a thick, smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper and let cool. After cooling, mix in chopped fresh cilantro.