- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Meatloaf is classic American comfort food. This recipe for Grandma's Meatloaf is a basic, simple, no-frills meatloaf recipe for the true meatloaf purist.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, salt, onion, and egg in a mixing bowl, kneading together well; transfer the ground beef mixture to a loaf pan; spread evenly with ketchup.
- Slide the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until cooked through; let cool slightly before slicing and serving.