- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened, not melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 extra large egg
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour or garbanzo/fava bean flour*
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips
- *Available from Authentic Foods, Bob\'s Red Mill, Ener-G Foods, Gluten-Free Pantry, or Miss Roben\'s
- In a large mixing bowl, use electric mixer to beat butter (or margarine), sugars, and vanilla extract together until smooth. beat in egg.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flours, soda, xanthan gum, and salt. beat into egg mixture on low speed until incorporated. Dough will be somewhat stiff. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons (or use a small spring-action ice cream scoop for evenly sized cookies) onto nonstick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick liners--or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly puffed and slightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.