- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 9, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/ginny-lane-s-shrimp-and-grits
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 7 shrimp with tails (26/30 count)
- 2 ounces chopped bacon, raw
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces prepared grits
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 ounce oil salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grits according to package directions.
- Heat a skillet. Add oil, thyme and bacon. When bacon fat has been rendered, add shrimp. Sauté for a minute or two then add diced tomatoes and green onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are cook and sauce is reduced. Stir in cream and parsley until combined, remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Place a generous scoop of grits in the middle of a bowl. Ladle the shrimp and sauce over the grits and serve.