- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/german-chocolate-chip-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Mix butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Heat oven to 350° F. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Center of cookie will be soft and somewhat doughy.
- Makes 4 Dozen Cookies 3. Remove cookies from baking sheet, cool on a paper towel.