- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/garlicky-lemon-broccoli
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Put the broccoli in a steamer basket set over a pan of simmering water. Cover and steam until the broccoli is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a large bowl. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes (if using). Add the hot broccoli and toss to coat with the dressing.