- Recipe created by FabFood on Apr 8, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/garlic-basil-parmesan-quinoa-side-dish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This healthy side dish recipe is a great way to incorporate quinoa into your diet. The key with using quinoa is to rinse it first. That washes away the hint of bitterness that can come with this grain, leaving a pleasant, adaptable food. Also, you shou
- 2 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth/stock
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt (sea salt or Kosher)
- Bring the broth/stock to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the basil, garlic, cheese and salt until fully combined. Serve immediately.