- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/garlic-and-mint-chicken-breasts
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- fresh mint sprigs
- 1. For marinade, in a blender combine mint leaves, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, chili powder, pepper, and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth.
- 2. Place chicken in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170°F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
- Nutrition Facts per Serving: 202 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 34 g protein.