- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/fresh-and-dried-corn-masa-dough
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups masa harina
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, including corn germ and milk
- Place the masa harina, salt, sugar, and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and shortening and beat together for 3 minutes, until thoroughly incorporated. Add the water and beat for 2 minutes longer, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Add the fresh corn and beat for about 1 minute longer, until incorporated.
- Take the masa dough out of the bowl, wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes at room temperature so the dough can thoroughly absorb the moist ingredients.