- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Fillet of Pork with Prune Sauce. This recipe, by Debbie O'Neal, is courtesy of the Prune Festival in Yuba City, California.
- 3 pounds pork loin, cut in thin, wide strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 - 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup prunes, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup prune juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 cup cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup hot Chinese mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown pork in olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork. SautÃ© green onions and prunes, add sake, prune juice, red wine vinegar and teriyaki sauce. Cook until bubbly. Add the cornstarch and water mixture and the hot mustard. Continue cooking until thick, about 1-2 minutes.
- Put a layer of pork in the bottom of a 9x12-inch casserole dish. Season meat with garlic powder. Pour 1/2 of the prune sauce over first layer of pork. Repeat with a second layer of pork. Pour remaining sauce over meat and cover. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve this dish over long grain rice and garnish with chopped green onions.