- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, plus more for garnish
- Makes About 2 Cups
- Heat the peanut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is softened and the garlic is golden. Add the tomatoes and the chiles to the pan and cook 10 - 15 minute, or until tomatoes hrefease their juices and thicken.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, add the peanuts, and puree until smooth. Add a little water to thin the sauce, if desired. Season to taste with salt, garnish with a few more chopped peanuts, and serve.