- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/emeril-s-creole-breakfast-bread-pudding
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Emeril's Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding. This dish is ideal for any breakfast or brunch menu, and equally good at suppertime.
- 1/2 pound linguica sausage, removed from casings and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup minced green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups 1-inch cubes day-old French bread
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until golden brown and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and bell peppers, and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the green onions and stir well. Add the white wine and reduce slightly, stirring, about 1 minute over high heat. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Place the bread in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, cream and stir well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour the melted butter into a 9X13-inch casserole dish, and coat the sides and bottom evenly. Pour any extra butter into the bread mixture.
- Makes 8 to 10 Servings 5. Mix the sausage and bread mixtures. Add the eggs, grated Pepper Jack and Monterey Jack cheeses, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and quickly fold together. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and increase the temperature to 375° F. Spread the sour cream evenly over the top and cover with Parmesan. bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the casserole is lightly browned on top. Serve hot.