- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse-s-caramelized-sweet-potatoes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), washed, ends removed and diced to 1" squares
- 1/2 cup spiced glaze (see below)
- For spiced glaze:
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Steen's 100% Pure Cane Syrup (ask your grocer)
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the sugar, cane syrup, molasses, corn syrup, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl and mix well. In another bowl, dissolve the mustard in the water, then add to the spice mixture. Blend well. Use immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Will keep for 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart glass rectangular baking dish with butter. Toss the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the glaze to coat evenly. Pour them into the prepared pan and roast until fork-tender, about 1 hour. Serve warm.