- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Simply delicious homemade eggnog, sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 14 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar- set aside 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs- yolks and whites seperated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon brandy flavoring extract (optional)
- Pour milk into large mixing bowl.
- Heat egg yolks, salt, vanilla, brandy extract (if you chose the kid friendly version) and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- Whip together egg whites with remaining sugar and whipping cream until light and fluffy.
- Combine milk and egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in whipped egg whites and whipping cream.
- Serve chilled with fresh ground nutmeg as garnish.