- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/eating-well-chocolate-orange-silk-mousse
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 package (12.3-ounce) reduced-fat silken tofu (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (3 ounces) (see note above)
- Makes 5 servings, about 1/2 cup each.
- 1. Purée tofu in a food processor, scraping down the sides as needed, until completely smooth.
- 2. Combine chocolate and cocoa in a medium bowl. Add boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and orange zest. Mix in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture to the processor; puree until smooth and well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
- To make wafer crumbs: Place wafers in a ziplock plastic bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. Alternatively, pulse wafers in a food processor.
- 3. Spoon about 2 teaspoons chocolate crumbs into each of 5 parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Add about 1/4 cup mousse, then layer with another 2 teaspoons crumbs. Top with another 1/4 cup mousse and finish with a sprinkling of crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Per Serving: 266 Calories; 9 g Fat (4 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg Cholesterol; 42 g Carbohydrate; 8 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 125 mg Sodium.
- Nutritional Bonus: 16% DV Fiber.