- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 3, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/easy-pigs-in-a-blanket
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Easy pigs in a blanket recipe. These easy pigs in a blanket make a great snack for game day or anytime. Serve these easy pigs in a blanket with mustard, barbecue sauce or any of your favorite condiments.
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 package cocktail franks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll the tube of crescent rolls; divide the rolls along the perforations into triangles. Use a sharp knife to cut each triangle into four pieces.
- Roll one piece of dough around one cocktail frank, stretching the dough to cover as much frank as possible.
- Arrange the crescent-covered franks on a parchment-lined baking sheet. They can be placed close together, but shouldn’t be touching.
- Bake the pigs in a blanket in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- To serve:
- Arrange the pigs in a blanket on a serving tray. You can serve them just like that, or include dipping sauce(s) for guests to dunk them into. Mustard, barbecue, ketchup, and relish are all good options. Choose one or offer a trio of dips.
- Want to make your pigs in a blanket a little more exciting? Here are two ways to do that:
- Cheesy pigs: Before rolling the dogs in dough, sprinkle a little shredded cheese onto the crescent dough then continue with the preparation as directed.
- Onion dogs: Spoon a little caramelized onion onto the dough before rolling up the dogs and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Also, this recipe easily doubles or triples for crowds!