- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 8, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dutch-oven-layered-breakfast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dutch Oven Layered Breakfast. This retro foods Dutch oven breakfast casserole is perfect for your next camping trip.
- 12 slices bread
- 2 cups ham or sausage, cooked and diced
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter for greasing Dutch oven
- Preheat a 12inch Dutch oven lid rimming with 18 to 22 briquettes.
- Butter Dutch oven. Add bread, sprinkle meat over bread, and cover with cheese. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cheese. Using 5 to 7 briquettes under oven and briquettes on lid, bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To bake in a conventional oven, preheat to 325ºF. Butter a 9 X 13 inch baking dish; bake 1 hour.