- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup dried cherries, pitted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450Â° F. Grease 18 muffin cups or line them with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and spoon the cherries and buttermilk into it. Then add the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until thoroughly blended - but do not over mix.
- Fill the cups two thirds full with the batter, and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.