- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dr-atkins-low-carb-crabmeat-and-almond-pie
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dr. Atkins Low Carb Crabmeat Almond Pie. This rich recipe really satisfies without carbs.
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese
- 4 ounces frozen or canned drained crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Place toasted almonds on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Put eggs and yolks in a bowl and beat well. Add mustard, salt, chives, cheese and crab meat. Scald heavy cream by bringing it right to the boiling point (but do not boil). Add heavy cream to crab mixture and pour into pie plate. Bake for 1 hour.